Friday 25 February 2011

Postcard from Milan

Every good boy deserves a treat (even hackneyed old third sector CEOs!). And so I have a day off and my sister Lucy and I are in Milan to see that fabulous Opera Tosca at La Scala! It's a new production and we are looking forward to it. My sister is a near professional singer, member of the Royal choral Society, and we both love opera.

The sun has been shining on the righteous and we spent the morning at the Sforza Castle. Lots of knightly armour I was keen to try on ...




Now it's lunch, with Massimo Pierdicchi from Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A., one of the corporate sponsors of Euclid Network. We are talking about the work we do in the Balkans with leadership development for NGOs there. I know it's leave but too good an opportunity to miss seeing Massimo (my sister is off to see The Last Supper).

In May I shall be in Serbia on the last leg of a twinning programme. Biljana Dakic Djordjevic spent a week with me earlier this month and now I am due to spend a week with her. That will undoubtedly be an experience. Seeing Serbian civil society in action! Bank Intesa have been sponsoring.

So now I finish the Blog. A glass of Prosecco has arrived. It's time to relax.
Enjoy my day off! Arrividerchi.

No comments: