Tuesday 18 October 2011

Small is good; Large is good! Stop being sizist!

There is an absurd contention in our sector that small is good and large is not. The reality is that there are some stunning small and community charities and there are some stunning large national charities too. It's the diversity of the sector. I get cheesed off when I'm told ACEVO only represents large nationals. The reality is we have a wonderfully diverse membership.

So let me tell you about an ACEVO member to prove the point!

Eric (Education + Resources for Improving Childhood Continence) last week won the Third Sector award for Small Charity, Big Achiever for its Banish the Wee Horror campaign; an awareness month held in June last year to raise awareness of bed-wetting and childhood continence problems. Eric is led by CEO and active ACEVO member Jenny Perez. Jenny is also a member of ACEVO's Women CEO Special Interest Group.

The Banish the Wee Horror campaign cost Eric just £550 but punched way above its weight. With just eight staff behind it, Eric's campaign generated significant coverage in newspapers, magazines and on websites.

ACEVO members will recall the campaign as it featured in the ACEVO membership magazine Network earlier this year.

It's always difficult to raise awareness for tough and sometimes embarrassing issues such as bed-wetting! You can't imagine a local council doing this can you!

Congratulations to Jenny for overcoming the financial obstacles and creating an award winning campaign. More info on Jenny and her team can be found on Eric's website www.eric.org.uk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.