Thursday 14 August 2014

It’s a Dog’s life....


I hate those fascist like signs that are increasingly seen in our parks and public spaces “No Dogs". The sort of signs that call for civil disobedience from us dog lovers. They’re stupid too, when we should be encouraging more dog walking as we all understand better the dangers of obesity. I'd have dog walking on the NHS for diabetics!

Anyway this is just a lead in to say farewell to the wonderful Clarissa Baldwin who is stepping down as CEO of the Dogs Trust after 28 years. An inspirational and much loved leader. I well remember my visit out to see her at their HQ. She is perhaps best known as the author of the slogan “A dog is for life not just for Christmas". And the Dogs Trust is in safe hands as they have appointed Adrian Burder who has been working at the Trust for some time and knows the ropes. Good luck in leading them. I should mention that both my Chair and I are Dogs Trust members! And Clarissa was a longstanding member of ACEVO.

And finally, another huge irritation to us dog lovers are the problems in finding places to stay that aren't sniffy and irritating about dogs. Help is at hand with a blog written by a dog!  Phileasdogg... http://www.phileasdogg.com/

See this video snip...

Now I'm off to Warwick to talk to the CEO, Jim Graham, of Warwickshire County Council about how to maximise the use of the third sector in delivering better citizen focused services and ensuring the council hears the voice of their local communities. A not un-agreeable place to spend the day though I doubt I’ll make the castle... The Hound is off in Battersea Park.

No comments: