Tuesday 10 April 2012

Easter

Well that was an interesting boat race!  I'm glad to say that my nephew Julian's boat Isis came a resounding first- 4 lengths ahead of somewhat paltry effort by Cambridge ( and no lone public school swimmers attempting hari kari either!)

A couple of photos for your enjoyment.

I'm afraid this one does rather emphasise ones growing age!  I could almost be Julian's grandad



 And here is me . My 2 sisters and nephews and niece at the splendid OUBC dinner at the Hurlingham Club afterwards.


And the Isis crew.


The rest of Easter was uneventful, apart from trip hot foot from Mass to Sky studios to do my Easter message to the Chancellor calling on him to lift the cap on tax relief on charitable living. The Observer had carried the story front page with a brilliant letter from acevo members Harpal Kumar ( Cancer Research ) and Ciaran Devane ( Macmillan Cancer Care ) demonstrating the effects this cap may have . HMT have poured oil on the fire by an insulting summer consultation in a clear attempt to do the usual treasury talk long and do nothing. It won't do.

So glad the Chancellor has backed the idea of Cabinet members publishing their tax details. This will enable us to rank them according to how much they give to Charity. Must check up on Boris and Ken!
Sir Stephen Bubb



No comments: