Thursday 14 July 2011

Knightly Vows

Well, it was full gear today as I made my way to St Paul's Cathedral to take my Vows as a Knight. You will be pleased to know that I have "promised and vowed that I will maintain and defend my duty to God and my neighbour". But in a way that is exactly what ACEVO exists to do as a charity promoting the leadership role of CEOs.

It was a stunning ceremony; complete with State Trumpeters and many people in robes and medals. As you can see The Bishop of London was at his splendid best.


A lunch reception afterwards at the Apothecary's Hall. I was there with my parents and my niece Miranda who, as you can see, is a dead ringer for Kate!






Back to the office later and the staff bemused to see their CEO in full morning dress!

Last night saw the launch of "ACEVO Solutions" our new social enterprise. A rather splendid party at the Grange Hotel near St Pauls. 400 guests. A band. Ice cream trolley. Videos. And mercifully, no speech by me! Oliver Rothschild and Tom Flood, who are leading ACEVO Solutions, were on marvellous form guiding the events of the evening. I was abstemious as I wanted to be in a fit state for my Vow taking!

www.acevoconsulting.org.uk


www.acevoeventsmanagement.org.uk

1 comment:

Mrs Sharon Sim said...

I’m Charles David by name, i want to use this medium to alert all loan seekers to be very careful because there are scam everywhere, Few months ago I was financially strained, and due to my desperation I was scammed by several online lenders. I had almost lost hope until a friend of mine referred me to a very reliable lender called Dr Purva Pius ( A God fearing man) who lend me a loan of $237,000 under 72 working hours without any stress. I explain to the company by mail and all they told me was to cry no more because i will get my loan from this company and also i have made the right choice of contacting them i filled the loan application form and proceeded with all that was requested of me and to my shock I was given the loan, If you are in need of any kind of loan just contact him now via: {urgentloan22@gmail.com}